Useful Numbers and Helpful Links from our Crime Prevention Officer, MPO Eduardo Azcarate
Mason District Phone #: 703-256-8035, Fas # 703-658-9451
Fairfax County Non-Emergency Number: 703-691-2131
Crime Solvers: 703-691-8888 or 1-866-411-TIPS
Financial Crimes Reporting: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/financialcrimes/
Citizen Reporting System (CRS) –http//www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/120413citizenreportingsystem.htm\
Fairfax County Police Department Blog: httpe://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/
Invitation to Citizen Advisory Committee Meeting — November 7
Dear CAC Members,
Can you believe it is November already?? The holidays are just around the corner and I am trying not to panic about them! I have four items to share with you in this email.
- Our next meeting will be on November 7 at 7:00 PM at the Mason District Station (6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale) and will include a presentation by Detective Ryan Young from the Elder Exploitation Unit, who investigates abuse and financial fraud against elderly residents. The full agenda for the meeting is below. If you would like an update from the commander about a specific incident, please send an email by Monday to the commander at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org This will give the commanders time to research the situation prior to the meeting. Please come early and meet your neighbors. Bring a friend, this is an important topic!
- Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 23. CAC will continue the tradition of providing a meal for our officers on duty that day. I will send a separate email in November with information, but wanted to get you thinking about this awesome opportunity to take care of our officers and to enjoy some conversation with them if you can help with the meal.
- Santa’s Ride, conducted by the Motor Squad of the Fairfax Police, is coming up in December. When you are out shopping, consider purchasing a gift for the children in the hospital, ages newborn to 18 yrs. of age. I will give you more information in the Dec. reminder email.
- The Citizens Police Academy is actively recruiting for the 2018 Spring CPA. The program will be held March 15 – May 19, 2018. The Media Relations Bureau has been asked to update their web page with the new dates. Applications are available online. Please submit your application by the end of December for the spring class. I attended last spring and learned so much about our police department!
Citizens Police Academy is a 35-hour program designed to provide members of the public a unique “glimpse behind the badge.”
CAC MEETING AGENDA
1. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Welcome new members
3. Abuse and Financial Fraud against Elderly Residents presentation by Detective Ryan Young, Elder Exploitation Unit
4. Award for Officer of the Quarter (for 3rd Quarter)
5. CAC Officer Elections
7. Command Staff Update
See you next week, and don’t forget to vote on the 7th!